I wrote this post last week, planning on finishing it up and posting it during the weekend. On Friday I found out that I lost my grandmother. You never know what life will bring you tomorrow. My grandmother never really understood what I do, at my office job or even less about the blog. But every time I talked to her, she would ask me about work. She would listen to me trying to explain to her what I do, and at the end she would say “I didn’t understand much, but whatever you do make sure that it makes you happy. Don’t stress too much and find time to relax and enjoy life.”
. . .
The first full working week for 2019 is over! Did you all survive? A lot of changes happened in my life at the end of last year and 2019 started totally different than I ever imagined. Leaving my full time job was a pretty scary decision. I still have my doubts if going back to a part time job was the right thing to do… but I couldn’t be happier to start this year working on something I love. Who knew that I would be working more hours, working weekends and nights and making less money and actually enjoying every minute of it. I feel much more energized, inspired, and at a better place mentally. 2019 started with an amazing collaboration with the Wyndham Orlando Resort (check out my blog post HERE) and I can’t wait to see what else it has to offer.
They say if you write down your goals, you have a better chance of following them. I though I should share some of my 2019 goals in this post. Hopefully it will inspire some of you! I don’t like making specific goals like “I am going to workout 4 times a week” or “i want to make $$$ money by May”. They just make me more frustrated! Instead, I am sharing more broad goals that will help me get where I need to be, without too much frustration.
- Spend more time with family. My parents are the only family I have here and I am usually pretty good with spending time with them. I am also pretty good at calling my grandparents, but I will try to do it even more often this year. I have family in Bulgaria that I don’t get to see/talk to unless I go visit. This year I will make the effort to contact them, even if it’s just a short message to see how they are doing. I plan on putting reminders on my calendar to contact someone every week! This also includes friends from Bulgaria, that I haven’t talked to in forever! This leads me to my next goal…
- Spend more time with friends. What I hated the most working in the office was that I was always exhausted and my life became very unsocial. Since I left my job, I’ve started making an effort to meet people that I don’t see very often anyone. I plan on continuing that and meeting someone different at least a couple times a month. And this is aside from hanging out with my closest friends! It is always refreshing and inspiring to hangout with friends!
- Be more healthy. One of my goals every year is to loose weight or work out. And I always fail. This year, I plan on trying to become more healthy overall, not only physically, but also mentally. This also includes taking better care of my skin and hair! I’ve already started working out every day even if’s just for 15 minutes. I also plan on eating better overall, instead of trying to do strict diets.
- Relax. It is a fact that I live where other people vacation. It is also a fact that we, Floridians, tend to complain about the heat a lot. Instead of complaining, this year I plan on making more time to relax and enjoy Florida – go to the beach, go on a boat, go jet skiing, and all the fun stuff.
- Travel. I was always complaining that my office job and limited vacation was restricting me from traveling. This year I plan on finding ways to travel more, even if it’s for work or just for a weekend getaway on the other coast of Florida.
- Blog and YouTube. I plan to redesign my pages and to post more often. Being more of an introvert, starting my own blog and YouTube channel in 2018 was huge for me! I don’t have thousands of readers or subscribers but I am extremely thankful for those of you who follow my journey. I promise to be more motivated and organized and show up for you every week, creating new content!
- Get more organized. I always plan my days but I usually plan a lot more than I can actually accomplish. I need to figure out how to organize my work better, in order to get the most out of my days.
- Educate myself. Starting my blog has been a whole new learning curve and I love all the challenges that it brings. This year I want to make more time to read and do online courses, instead of trying to figure out everything myself!
- Connect with more of my followers. So many of my followers have started messaging me I love talking to all of you and making new Instagram friends. I’ve noticed that the more open I am about myself, the more messages I get. So, hopefully I will figure out how to open even more this year and we can get to know each other!
- Collaborate with more local bloggers. I met so many amazing bloggers last year and it’s been really fun following each other and talking on Instagram. I hope to get to spend more time with them this year and actually do some projects together!
What are your goals for 2019? Are you going yo adopt any of my goals?
You can save 15% off your order using the code 1myblo15