Writing down my goals last year really helped me focus on them, so in this post I will be sharing my 2020 goals. I like to set realistic and achievable goals, so I don’t get discouraged.
What I learned in 2019
Things that come unplanned are the most rewarding.
I knew something big had to happen in 2019 since it was 10 years since my family moved to the US. Opening a boutique was in our plans for 2018. Since we couldn’t find a space we decided it wasn’t meant to happen. We saw a few open spaces in 2019 but didn’t look actively at all. Just when we had given up, a space became available and it was everything we were looking for! Of course this completely threw off all my other plans for the year. I am beyond excited for this journey that we started and can’t wait to see where it takes me.
Put yourself before others
I’ve always been a very caring and giving person and I tend to put other people’s needs before my own. The older I get, the more I realize that sometimes you have to focus on yourself in order to help others.
Friends and family change.
One of my goals for 2019 was to make more time to spend with family and friends. This was very eye opening because it made me realize who are the people who truly care about me. The people that you consider the closest might not necessarily feel the the same about you.
Setting 2020 Goals – Personal Goals
I hope 2020 to be a year about me and things that bring me positivity. Surrounding myself with people who inspire me, traveling and discovering new cultures, learning new ways to relax my body and mind, and picking up old hobbies.
Setting 2020 Goals – Professional Goals
- Figure out how to run a clothing boutique. LOL This probably won’t happen in a year, but I am very excited about all the challenges ahead of me. Now I can really say that I have worked in all aspects of the fashion industry.
- Pick up on where I left off with my blog. Focusing on The Fashion Spot the last couple months of 2019 made me realize how much I love blogging. 2019 was a huge transformation turning my blog from a hobby into a career and I hope to continue to learn and grow in 2020.
- Challenge myself creatively. I want to start stepping off my comfort zone more often when creating content. I have so many content ideas that I keep pushing to the back of my list, because I am afraid of how they will turn out.
- Network and collaborate with other like-minded people. In the two months that The Fashion Spot has been open, my mom and I already met so many amazing and inspiring business women. It is always inspiring to meet someone with similar goals to yours.
- Start research for developing my own brand. Starting my own brand has been something I’ve wanted to do since college. I finally feel like I am ready for it. It will be a big project, so I plan on starting with baby steps.
I encourage you all to write down your most important 2020 goals. It is ok if they change or if you don’t get to achieve them all. It helps keeping yourself accountable on doing the things that actually matter, instead of getting distracted with all the little things that get in your way.
Jeans: Fashion Nova
Top & Jewelry: The Fashion Spot